Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

California in Ha

zicklurky

Wow--looks great.  How many subs of what duration?  I find this target amazing.  I am currently shooting it and have 10 hours (30 min subs).  Yours is coming along nicely--there are allot of dark structures in there--not only the 2 big feathery ones near the bottom--but all through the nebula.  Also, the more time you get, the more you realize that the nebula is wide--faint stuff extends out pretty far--and even in the faint sides, all those faint dark areas are dark structures!  It is also amazing how different this nebula looks when its rotated around.  Great work.

Rodd

10 hours ago, Rodd said:

Wow--looks great.  How many subs of what duration?  I find this target amazing.  I am currently shooting it and have 10 hours (30 min subs).  Yours is coming along nicely--there are allot of dark structures in there--not only the 2 big feathery ones near the bottom--but all through the nebula.  Also, the more time you get, the more you realize that the nebula is wide--faint stuff extends out pretty far--and even in the faint sides, all those faint dark areas are dark structures!  It is also amazing how different this nebula looks when its rotated around.  Great work.

Rodd

Thanks! This is 35 subs of 15 min on my Atik One 9 and Star 71, so 8h45m. Yeah I was amazed how wide it goes, and I'm sure there's more faint stuff out there.

This image made me realize that this orientation is the best for this target for me.  Totally different effect when you flip it around, which is teh way I used to present it.  But this way brings California's coastal mountain ranges and the mythical Mount Gundabad into prominent view.

2 minutes ago, Rodd said:

This image made me realize that this orientation is the best for this target for me.  Totally different effect when you flip it around, which is teh way I used to present it.  But this way brings California's coastal mountain ranges and the mythical Mount Gundabad into prominent view.

I think that our eyes in the West naturally go from the left to right and so this is a more 'comfortable' viewing experience for us as well :)

Archived