Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

camera on telescope

Hello again,can someone help me with advice on how to set up my DSLR on my scope so I can take photo's etc

I have got the correct part's/ adapter's required but when I put the camera on the scope and turn the camera on I get

no lense attached I have put a lense in the correct place,do I have to do  some alteration on the Menu of the camera.

Would appreciate some help. Thanks Kayce.

Hi John,my DSLR is a Nikon D5300,Well I have the camera on M mode,is that correct or do I have to go through the camera

setting menu and find Manuel operation.

The main lense of course is disconnected from the camera.

6 minutes ago, KAYCE said:

Hi John,my DSLR is a Nikon D5300,Well I have the camera on M mode,is that correct or do I have to go through the camera

setting menu and find Manuel operation.

The main lense of course is disconnected from the camera.

You may also need to enable the shutter to fire when the lens is removed. This will probable be in the custom menus.

Seems you have set M as the mode. What you "may" have to do is set the mode to S and set the Exposure to (say) 30 seconds, you will need to set the ISO to around 800. You should also set the Autofocus to Manual.

You cannot set the Aperture as that is irrelevant. You then set the Mode back to M.

When fired the camera should then use the exposure length set and the ISO set. You adjust the focus and the aperture is whatever it is. If you have not set the Autofocus to Off or Manual then this may be why the camera is complaining of no lens. Equally you have no lens attached so the camera may just be reporting the situation.

If I turn off Autofocus and do a manual focus my camera still is checking the focus and when good it give a visual indication in the finder.

29 minutes ago, ronin said:

Seems you have set M as the mode. What you "may" have to do is set the mode to S and set the Exposure to (say) 30 seconds, you will need to set the ISO to around 800. You should also set the Autofocus to Manual.

You cannot set the Aperture as that is irrelevant. You then set the Mode back to M.

When fired the camera should then use the exposure length set and the ISO set. You adjust the focus and the aperture is whatever it is. If you have not set the Autofocus to Off or Manual then this may be why the camera is complaining of no lens. Equally you have no lens attached so the camera may just be reporting the situation.

If I turn off Autofocus and do a manual focus my camera still is checking the focus and when good it give a visual indication in the finder.

Hi I have the camera away from the scope and looking through the eye piece on the camera I can see a blurry image I think if I can find a way to focus

this it would be fine,not sure where I start to get it to focus,

Archived