IC59, IC63 Ghost Nebula in Cassiopeia

Barry-Wilson

Slightly too late for Halloween, I have gathered 6 hours of RGB and 2 hours of Ha (may get some more tonight between mist and fireworks) for a deliberately moody look at these two delicate (and quite ethereal to my eye) nebula near to the bright beacon of Gamma Cass.  I have let myself loose a little with colour as the nebula are in such a beautiful star field.

The images from the previous weeks/months inspired me to have a crack, ChrisLX200's great HST image, Stargeezer Tim's, Avdhoeven, Olly and Tom's super extended Breaking Wave and Astrofoto_Stefan (I hope I haven't missed anyone :happy11:).  Control of Gamma Cass is key, but you have to let it bloom a little to make it look realistic - well that's my excuse :hello:.

I'm changing to my FSQ85 tomorrow with its new FT 3" focuser . . .

Details:

• WO FLT132 at F5.6
  • 10 Micron GM1000HPS
  • QSI683
  • Astrodon filters
  • 24 x 300s of RGB, 6 x 1200s of Ha
  • PI & SGP

Thanks for looking!  Clear Skies everyone!

IC59_IC63_HaRGB_Final.jpg

2 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

Yep... you've probably just found out how hard it is! :D

Actually, I've got a few spare hours tonight so I might have a go at it with the 8" (if im feeling brave!).

Yes, it was as difficult to process as I thought it would be !  Blending the Ha was tricky too, I didn't want to loose the blue reflection nebula in IC59 or Gamma Cass' delightful extended halo.

2 hours ago, gnomus said:

Very nice Barry.  

Cheers Steve.

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Lovely Ghost Barry, don't think I'll be trying it from my S.London back garden :)

Dave

Understood.  I lived in Dulwich and Brockley twenty years ago.  London was great fun but I don't recall seeing many stars, so I do sympathise and realise my south Devon skies are relatively dark for the UK.

1 hour ago, simmo39 said:

Booo! Yep a lovely image.

Yikes:help:.  Thanks simmo39.

Archived