Gamma Cassiopeiae Sh2-185

Lovely colours. Very nice indeed.

You say you processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop.  I'm familiar with PS but am thinking about getting into PI.  What is it that photoshop does that Pixinsight does not?

14 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

Lovely colours. Very nice indeed.

You say you processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop.  I'm familiar with PS but am thinking about getting into PI.  What is it that photoshop does that Pixinsight does not?

My main use for PI is RGB combine, DBE, masked stretch and LRGB.
PI can most likely do what PS does but quite honestly I'm still learning it's full potential. :icon_biggrin:
In PS I do some levels, curves if needed, HLVG, Annie's actions and Noel Carboni's tools.

BTW thanks everyone for your very nice comments.

11 hours ago, Dave S said:

Been trying to capture this one for a few weeks now but the weather has thwarted me for the time being.

Dave...

That is one reason why I have basically given up here, that and the LP is a nightmare now.

Data from a clear sky at 7500feet is a joy to behold. :icon_biggrin:

8 hours ago, Ruud said:

It certainly is a beautiful image. The red of the nebula is a deep, fresh colour. The dragonfly cluster is a nice bonus. Like a starry airplane flying into the view.

I was hoping to get a bit more out of it, may try again later.

Archived