Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASI290MC png - what am I doing wrong

Dcraw is the application that most other software use. I believe that it can be used 'stand alone' but that it has no user interface (command line based). I use RawTherapee. It's freeware, but more user friendly. You can do all kinds of digital development corrections with this software.

Reading other replies, I'll better add: RawTherapee is for still images, not avi or other video formats.

Having just had a major fight with this exact same issue over the last few days here are my findings.
This was the first time I had used firecapture but had used other software a number of times without issue.

Pipp refused to debayer the SER files (after reading, this seems to be a known issue) and be default neither would autostakkert.

The only way I could get it to work was to load the SER files into autostakkert and in the menu tell it to force debayer (for the correct bayer pattern).

Hi! Thanks you all for all the replies. I've got plenty to try to rescue these images. Yesterday I was lucky enough to get the camera behind my SWED80 and got some good shots. The ones in question were taken with EOS adapter + Nikon adapter + Nikon 70-300 ED. If I get lucky with the post-processing I will post here to follow up.

Kind regards,

R:)

On 16/10/2016 at 23:57, digitalcyanide said:

Pipp refused to debayer the SER files (after reading, this seems to be a known issue) and be default neither would autostakkert.

The only way I could get it to work was to load the SER files into autostakkert and in the menu tell it to force debayer (for the correct bayer pattern).

Interesting, I was not aware of any issue here and would like to get this fixed for the next version of PIPP is possible.

This is how things should work!
If a bayer pattern is correctly set in the SER file header PIPP will offer to debayer the file using that bayer pattern..
If the file does not contain colour data (RGB or BGR) then the debayering can be forced using any bayer pattern.
If the file contains colour data then PIPP will not debayer it as it makes no sense.

Is this not what is happening?  What is the ColorID field set to in the file?  (using 'SER Player' may be the easiest way to see this)

Thanks and regards,
Chris

7 minutes ago, cgarry said:

Interesting, I was not aware of any issue here and would like to get this fixed for the next version of PIPP is possible.

This is how things should work!
If a bayer pattern is correctly set in the SER file header PIPP will offer to debayer the file using that bayer pattern..
If the file does not contain colour data (RGB or BGR) then the debayering can be forced using any bayer pattern.
If the file contains colour data then PIPP will not debayer it as it makes no sense.

Is this not what is happening?  What is the ColorID field set to in the file?  (using 'SER Player' may be the easiest way to see this)

Thanks and regards,
Chris

Thanks for the reply. I will take a look at that and get back to you. If it makes any difference I can send you a copy of one of the files for you to take a look at.

Regards

Mark

Archived