NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My new Obs is finished, final pics

robindurant

Many hard days work but finally finished and well pleased, Below are the final images. My thanks to helen and many others who helped me in the design and construction and to my mate Andy who helped me.

7333_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Roof on

7334_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Roof off

7335_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

7336_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

7337_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I have 2 lights , one Red and one white. The Battery Pack is on charge and the cable fed to the telescope in conduit under the floor. I only need to finish the floor panels and its done, Now for some clear nights, please God.

Robin

Robin,

It looks good. Bet your pleased its finished, perhaps just a little bit of pampering to make your viewing more comfortable.

The lock to the obs doesn't look as if it will hinder any would be intruder.

Did you construct the timber walls or did you have them assembled?

John

That is looking good Robin :hello1:

Its really hard work, but you sure do feel its 'your' Obs when its done! (Glad to have been of some help.)

I have already found there have been nights when I've been out to view when I wouldn't have risked full set -up (risk of rain, clouds etc) - but be warned....a couple of times I've said 'I'm just going out for half an hour' and have come back 2 hours later!!

Happy (and comfortable) viewing!!

Helen

Hi John

The lock will change in the near future but I have put 3" x 1/4" Bolts in place of half of the screws so hat the door can't be unscrewed and the Padlock is a good one. I had the Shed built to my specification by Bakers of Sussex, a really good quality but unfortunately a bit expensive but then it had to be well built considering what we keep in it.

Robin

That looks really smart Robin, a lot of thought has gone into this build.

My neighbor a few years ago had three mountain bikes half inched out of the shed, they didn't bother with the big padlock they just unscrewed the strap hinges and left the door hanging.......just a thought.

May you have many clear nights Robin

Paul

Hi Paul

My fault I did not make it clear, the 3" bolts are through the Hinges as well as the Bolt mechanism. I also have an Alarm fitted. The Panel are very well fitted as well. Apart from a resident Rottwieler, there is not much else I can do. lol

Robin

'Just the job' Robin!!, it looks 'the business', and will transform your enjoyment of the hobby.

You might find that red light bulb is a bit too bright, and a simple dimmer switch would enable you to turn it up and down to suit your needs. I use only 15 Watt bulbs, which are plenty bright enough.

Dave

Hi Dave

Yes it is too bright, When I bought the Lamp holder I could only get BC fitting, OK BUT when I looked for a low wattage lamp I could oly get ES fitting !! I had to buy a Fireglow Lamp. Anyway I have just got hold of 3 Pygmy 15w BC lamps so prob sorted.

thanks

Robin

Archived