Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Complete imaging train at last

GordonH

Hi All

Finally I have managed to get all the components together so that I can put everything I need in the imaging train of my system which now consistes of

TMB 115 f7

3.5" Starlight extension tube

Matched TMB field flattener

Precise parts adapter

FLI filter wheel

Precise parts adapter

Starlight Xpress SXVF H36 camera

The adapters allow the system to be used with minimum or no vignetting and the flattener to be the correct distance from the ccd chip. I have now been using this system as it is for about 3 months now with very promising results, which can be seen on my site http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk the only down side is that there a lot of cables to watch out for.

Best wishes

Gordon :D

post-13589-133877344136_thumb.jpg

Hi Kevin

It is actually a field flattener, not a focal reducer as there is no reduction in the focal ratio and if you are sitting down it was £799 I think

Regards

Gordon

Wowee! All that looks very credit card crippling (Mine I mean Gordon :D) It also looks brilliantly capable. expect to see an image of an Exo Planet with this setup. :mrgreen:

Look forward the your image posts this coming season Gordon.

Ron. :D

Gordon, as we were discussing before, thats quite the setup. The TMB115 is a great scope, although I havent actually used one for imaging. The TMB flatteners are very expensive, perhaps one of their only drawbacks? But they do work wonders

Where did u get the neccessary adapters to reduce vignetting..if we are going for a larger chip, then we too will have the same problem...

clear skies and best wishes

Paul

Hi All

First of all thanks for looking at my pride and joy, in response to some of the queeries

Martin - I don't really find the cables a problem as once I have done the polar alignment and slewed to my chosen target there is very little movement in the system so so far there have been no snags

Doc - The mount is the one and only Paramount ME and regarding the cost, well I used 2 years of overtime money to pay for the system (1500 hours)

Paul - you want to get in touch with Ashley Stevens at www.preciseparts.com in America, they can make virtually any adapter to you specifications.

Best wishes

Gordon

thanks gordon

believe it not that might be the most important link...we would like adapters to takahashi, nikon, canon FD, nikon, so thats a lot for that. What FLI filter wheel do u use, and what did it set u back, if u dont mind telling me. We are looking for a high quality filter wheel, nd FLI make some of the best

Best wishes

Paul

Hi Paul

The filter wheel I use is the FLI CFW-1-5 which is for 2 inch filters (mounted or unmounted) and it has 5 positions, it cost about £570, I can't remember exactly as I got a spare carousel with it as well

regards

Gordon

Archived