NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

QHY-5L IIc and filters...

Hi,

I dont understand this... The camera comes with an IR-filter, which is removable. The spec's says "IR-Cut filter: 22 mm. Can be removed to be replaced with other filters".
I don't have any filter that fits there.
The cam also comes with an extension tube, that only fits in the IR filter's outer thread. If I want to add e.g. a 1.25" moon filter to the cam, it does not fit in the IR-filters outer thread, and not in the filter thread of the cam either.
Thus, to add another filter, the IR filter must be in place and to that you must screw the extension tube (it doesn't fit anywhere else), and to that you finally can add another 1.25" filter.

Am I totally lost or has anyone solved this problem? What if I don't want to use the IR filter.

/Mats

OK, thanks for the input! I have looked for C-thread to 1.25 filter thread adapters, but I quickly got lost, so I guess I'm to new to this to really navigate in this adapter jungle :)

I'll use what I have for now...

Archived