SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Old LX6 test shot - Bubble

Stardust

This is the first test shot with an old 8" LX6 f6.3 ota I bought at Herstmonceaux, the corrector coatings havd degraded some but the mirror is fine, looks a bit tired with some home brew mounting bars. Not many were imported so a bit of a rarity. I took a chance bought it untested as it was a bargain price. This is 14x10 mins with my Atik and 0.63 reducer giving 800mm f4. That's quite a stretch and field curvature is present so this has been cropped. I'll try another flattener option on the next clear night to see if it improves.

I'm quite pleased that at least it works and I think worth playing around with some more    

David

14x600haps.jpg

thanks guys, I know it has curvature  but I'm hoping a Televue 0.8x reducer will improve things, got to be worth a bit of experimenting.

I've found it difficult to find out much about this ota, I see 10" f6.3  around the net but not the 8" 

Dave, yes I was at the Hersty weekend, think it's about my 10th or 11th year camping for that one. We'll have to meet up next year if you go. 

Nice image David

I have an 8" f6.3 Lx6 I bought about10 years ago.

I modded it to enable pulse guiding with PHD by a 300mm guidescope.

The 1280mm focal length was ideal for so many galaxies and nebulae with a dslr .

Recently transplanted the ota to a lx200 gps base, now even better.

Permanent mount and go PA essential I M O

Michael

12 hours ago, RobertI said:

Very nice to see a deep sky image from an SCT (and an unusual one), really nice detail. Are you thinking the 0.8x reducer would work better as its designed for an F6 ish scope? Will be interested to see the results. 

I have found some test posted on this forum of a lot of different reducers with an f10 sct and the televue did a better job than the sct one. I'm hopeful it will work with this ota.

10 hours ago, michael8554 said:

Nice image David

I have an 8" f6.3 Lx6 I bought about10 years ago.

I modded it to enable pulse guiding with PHD by a 300mm guidescope.

The 1280mm focal length was ideal for so many galaxies and nebulae with a dslr .

Recently transplanted the ota to a lx200 gps base, now even better.

Permanent mount and go PA essential I M O

Michael

hi Micheal

nice to find another owner of one of these scopes. have you  some recent images and do you use reducer or flattener with it.

david

that's great and gives me hope as that's the first modern image i've seen from this scope. My Buuble was with the 0.63 reducer and still has curvature or coma, not 100% sure which. Hope to do some more test shots over the weekend

What camera did you use and is it a cropped image?

Archived