Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astronomiser Canon Mods

microbe

I was going to start a thread with this topic, I now know the answer is £74.75 :)

My 1000D is only for Astro and I can't decide whether to do it myself or send it to Juan, if I do it myself then I can't decide if a CLS or straight UV+IR from Astronomik our street lights all go off after midnight, or get the mod with the baader replacement that Juan offers for £60?

Is there a consensus on this? :)

• 2 years later...

I know this thread is 2 years old, but just for information, Andy is again doing camera mods, and I think has been for some time.  He has my 700D at the moment!  URL is: http://www.astronomiser.co.uk/

Cheers,

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Got my Canon back in less than a week after sending it - good service, Andy ?

Nice job - the autofocus still works correctly, and a custom white balance is also doing the job for 'ordinary' use.  Which leads me to the question: When using a modded camera for astro work, should the white balance be set at custom or auto, in particular when capturing RAW images?

Cheers,

Peter.

• 1 month later...
On 06/11/2018 at 09:53, petevasey said:

When using a modded camera for astro work, should the white balance be set at custom or auto, in particular when capturing RAW images?

@petevasey If you are shooting in RAW format, White-Balance does not matter as the the White-Balance data are not applied to the RAW image (they are there as a reference) I always use "Daylight" setting when doing astro-photography.

If you are shooting JPEG in the other hand, the White-Balance is applied to the photo and it is very difficult to change it in post production.

Archived