Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion SKyQuest XT10i unboxing, building.

Its mine alllll mine.jpg

Thanks to those who contributed to my choice ITS HERE.... Woopeee.

Of course it arrived yesterday just in time for the last bit of clearish skies... minus the box with the base in. That arrived today.

Purchased from Amazon by OPTICRON TECHNOLOGIES who sell for Orion (US) and distribute from Holland so no nasty import surprises.

The  BIG box with the scope had been a bit through the mill being transported by FedEx with a few holes punched through the outer box but the inner box and scope were fine..well packaged.

Waiting for the base gave me the chance to set the scope up on the table sitting in its foam cradles and check the collimation . It had been through the wars so not surprisingly it needed a quick tweek . Nice big knobs to do the job...I think its OK but star test will tell at first light. My first play at this being an ex SCT man.

The second box arrived today... the build and installation of the push to bits was easy IF you followed the videos on the Orion Website. Don't try with just the literature.

Its the right choice for me. I can only just carry it assembled from my garage to the deck about 15 meters. Just the right size to break down and fit my Ford Focus.

I will do a First Light post but for now I must apologize for the poor weather for the foreseeable future.:help:... new scope you see  :hello2:

IMG_20160908_132023.jpgBase Box flatpack.jpg

IMG_20160908_120507.jpgPushto bits and assembly kit.jpg

Hi my xti 10" intellescope came last Friday only used it for about 30 mins due to cloudy skies saw. M13 n m92  hope you know more than me as Iam a beginner to the new field  not sure if I got the computar   Set right if your more experience than I have let me know what you have seen and what eye pice you used adidaz29

15 minutes ago, Adidaz 29 said:

Hi my xti 10" intellescope came last Friday only used it for about 30 mins due to cloudy skies saw. M13 n m92  hope you know more than me as Iam a beginner to the new field  not sure if I got the computar   Set right if your more experience than I have let me know what you have seen and what eye pice you used adidaz29

Hope you enjoy yours. Its rained since mine came lol.

Im used to an Nexstar SE8 with a three star align so this should be OK but you do actually have to be able to identify the alignment stars .

I will be upgrading the EP's but lets see how the "stock" ones perform for a week or two.

Archived