Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

photoshopped Saturn

MartinB

This is one of the fuzzy captures from the other night. I have been through all the 1000 frames with a fine tooth comb leaving about 200. Selected 95% of those in Registax. Sharpened a small amount in Registax. Been playing with photoshop. Selected the disc only and played around with the channel mixer. Finally inverted the disc selection to sharpen the ringss, brighten, increased contrast a little and adjusted the colour cast. Maybe it's art maybe it's science but I wanted to play. :lol: I have tried to keep it natural and I think it is an improvement on the 1st fuzzy Saturn. If you think it looks like an impressionist water colour rather than a realistic image feel free to comment :(:p

image.jpg

Martin

if I could understand half of what you did to achieve it I would try do the same to my image I took the other night

LOl

:lol: I am a novice myself Martyn. I only mentioned what I did so that more experienced processors could advise if necessary. I guess when you read it it sounds pretty high tech but the reality is that I haven't done anything clever. Have you got the right software Martyn K3tools, Registax, Virtual dub and some photoprocessing software. the first 3 are free downloads :(.

If you want a go I would be happy to guide you through it up to the limits of what I have learnt over the last month.

Martyn

I keep fiddling around with colour saturation, guess it's down to individual preference. It seems to be a balancing act between bringing out the detail but keeping it looking natural. Think I took out a bit too much colour because of the way my laptop was tilted!!!!

Martin

Martin

Colour is always tricky. I have found myself going round and round in circles moving the Saturation one way and then another.

You are right it is all about personal peference , and from the same stack you can get very different images.

• 2 weeks later...

if I could understand half of what you did to achieve it I would try do the same to my image I took the other night

LOl

:laugh: I am a novice myself Martyn. I only mentioned what I did so that more experienced processors could advise if necessary. I guess when you read it it sounds pretty high tech but the reality is that I haven't done anything clever. Have you got the right software Martyn K3tools, Registax, Virtual dub and some photoprocessing software. the first 3 are free downloads :laugh:.

If you want a go I would be happy to guide you through it up to the limits of what I have learnt over the last month.

Martyn

I well might take you up on that martin I think I may be better trying to use k3tool never tried that as the capture I currently have been using part of the philips lounge program the vcapture bit I got it off the net vlounge that is cos I needed some drivers to run the toucam pro I got from Ebay Germany but no driver disk. Then I stack in registax not tried virtual dub at all I have photoshop cs2 so I should be able to get efficient at it with a little guidance in the future if it ever gets clear skies :laugh:

Archived