Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSS download problem

I have downloaded DSS but cannot get it to work, it is v 3.3.2 . When I look at the tutorials on YouTube their DSS looks completely different. Their's have a panel down the left hand side of the box where you can select the files to load and other options. Mine doesn't have that and the box just comes with some help advice and a flashing curser, and I can't load any images into it. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I have enclosed a screenshot.

image.jpeg

Thanks for the info guys. I tried to download v 3.3.4 but it was a .rar file and I couldn't open it. I downloaded a Winzip file to decompress it but couldn't get that to work either. Having spent bloody hours trying to sort it out I have reached the point where I am ready to throw my laptop out of the window and take up needlework. I shall leave it for today and try again tomorrow.

I appreciate all the advice but I still can't open/download DSS V.3.3.4 no matter what I do. I have Winzip and 7-zip and have opened plenty of Zip files in the past, but not this one. I click on download and at the bottom of the page it shows the download building up. When it's finished I click on Open and nothing happens. I just don't get it. How did you guys open it?

1 minute ago, Moonshed said:

I appreciate all the advice but I still can't open/download DSS V.3.3.4 no matter what I do. I have Winzip and 7-zip and have opened plenty of Zip files in the past, but not this one. I click on download and at the bottom of the page it shows the download building up. When it's finished I click on Open and nothing happens. I just don't get it. How did you guys open it?

Navigate to the download directory and open it from there.

When you've installed 7-Zip it will automatically start when you double-click on the DSS .rar file , at the top there's an "Extract All" tab , click on this and set a folder for it ( I just use the same name and add Unzipped to it) , 7-Zip will extract the files to this new folder then you just open the Application file and it will start the install process. 

Archived