Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Insurance for Astro Gear

Andyb90

I have it all lumped into my House insurance...... would that not suffice? Pictures of it all stored on a USB stick in a safe in a difficult place to get to (not impossible of course, nothing ever is if people want to get there badly enough)

Mine is under the house insurance, but check the small print it took me a while to find decent cover....most will cover individual items over £1000, but check for cover from sheds/ outhouses. It took me a while to find cover for more than £500

I've found that the usual limit on outhouses and sheds is a max of £2,500.

www.adrianflux.co.uk allows a max for these buildings of upto £75,000 but this includes house contents. I guess that you've got to be sure that both can't go up in smoke or be ransacked in the same event!

Andy

Hi

I have mine insured under my house insurance with Halifax and there are excellent.  Yes i have to list it all but it is all then covered anywhere.  So if nicked from car covered, if i am at a star party covered, if i fall over with something covered.  Full accidental cover for all listed items.  Extra premium yes but for me full cover was worth it.  From memory i think when i had AP1200, Borg 125, camera, filters as core set up c£15k of gear was about £12pcm.   I pay slightly more now but no idea what of top of my head.

The extra specific insurance is totally worth it from a piece of mind perspective and allows me to exceed the value otherwise defined within the policy (for a fee).

Paddy

Archived