Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pleiades first try

hi everyone,  this is ny first stack of the beautiful Pleiades, image is cropped.  as usual i couldn't make my guiding to go smooth, but i got about 14 90 seconds kinda ok subs. 

please tell what you think. 

m45 3c.jpg

thank you John,  Philip. 

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

Lovely image. If you triple the number of exposures, you will see that the noise is managable and you can extract more of the nebulosity.

Good luck,

thanks,  I'm finding it hard to guide and get good exposures. 

I have just taken delivery of my first digital camera exclusively for Astrophotography and feel a bit terrified at this stage. If I could get a picture of the Pleiades as good as that as a digital beginner I would be delighted. Well done.

Connect it to your scope and computer and test it. I'm sure that after getting to know the camera, you will start getting ever better images.

The Pleiades are both easy and difficult; easy to get the stars and some nebulosity; difficult because you will want more and more of the faint nebula surrounding the stars. Imaging bright stars surrounded by both bright and faint nebulae is a real challenge.

Good luck.

8 hours ago, Moonshed said:

I have just taken delivery of my first digital camera exclusively for Astrophotography and feel a bit terrified at this stage. If I could get a picture of the Pleiades as good as that as a digital beginner I would be delighted. Well done.

i think you can,  and there are a lot of people here to help you achieve it.  I'll wait to see your first pictures. 

On 8/7/2016 at 21:13, wimvb said:

Sorry, can't help you with that.

Have you tried without guiding. Depending on your setup, 90 secs unguided might be possible.

Just an idea.

I'll give it a try next time, guess I'll  just need to improve my PA. 

thanks

Looking at your image of the M45, just made me dive for my SkySafari and check out when it'll be rising at SGL.  Looks like it's going to be in perfect place for my to put this on my hit SGL imaging hit list.

Your image is great, as others have said more data will help to reduce the noise.  (isn't that always the case ;))

Yeah sounds about right.  It rises earlier each night, so will be getting into a better position.  It's really an autum/winter object, so photoing it in the summer means staying up to silly o'clock in the morning.  Kudos to you for being a die hard. :D

Archived