NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

July 30th - H Alpha - Large Filament Still Dominating - Lots of Proms

paulastro

The sun broke through the misty cloud at about 7.05 this morning. The large filament is still dominating the scene and there were at least a dozen prominences, the best in the NW and SE.  Single frames with Lunt 60 DS and Olympus E-M10 at 500 asa.  The first taken at 7.26 am on 1/80 sec. and the second at 7.25 am on 1/8 sec - the latter is added only to show the position of the prominences.

P7300278c.jpg

P7300262a.jpg

4 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Looking good Paul, would love to image it today but not looking too hopeful ATM as it's peeing down.

Dave

Thanks Dave, the met weather map indicates you should have some sunny intervals by around 7pm, if not before, if that's not too late for you to view the sun from your location?

1 minute ago, paulastro said:

Thanks Dave, the met weather map indicates you should have some sunny intervals by around 7pm, if not before, if that's not too late for you to view the sun from your location?

Thanks Paul, surprising as it may seem I don't believe it until I see it :grin:

Sun is just dropping behind the chimney pots around 7pm so it usually manages to appear just too late to image may get a bit of visual.

Dave

51 minutes ago, paulastro said:

Many thanks for all your comments.  I noticed later in the day than many of the prominences were either diminished or absent - let's hope it picks up again tomorrow, along with the weather :smile:.

There was a particularly nice prom on the eastern limb this morning that disappeared very quickly.

Archived