Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

starlight xpress lodestar x2

I've installed both drivers for the starlight xpress sx674 mono ccd and the lodestar x2 autoguide cameras along with ascoms 6.2 driver but only the sx674 is being picked up (connected) to my laptop. I've tried diverent usb ports but still the laptop is still not picking up the lodstar x2 any help would be welcome.

Have you looked in Device Manager for the Lodestar?

It might be there with a yellow fault warning, suggesting incomplete or wrong driver installation.

Have you followed the installation procedure correctly?  With some kit the installation goes wrong if you have the kit plugged in at the same time.

Michael

Had look in the device manager can't find it but there was a yellow fault warning on insyde airplane mode HID mini-mode.when I plug the kit in I always do one at a time. I did thought about the installation procedure whether I missed a step

I seem to remember that I struggled with both installing the Lodestar and general SX drivers for an SX camera. I did some hunting on the net and found that one way suggested was to install in safe mode..... went fine and it all loaded in fine. I was a bit miffed to have to resort to such silly lengths though.

Yes, I too have had problems with the SX Lodestars.  In fact last time I tried my Lodestar X2 it wouldn't connect - something I'll have to sort out when the weather improves.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had the lodestar  x2 sent back to flo under warranty they then sent of the manufacturers who have now repaired the guide cam just had flo email me to say it's now on it's way back to me. not sure what the fault was though.

Archived