NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Awful Saturn

OXO

James, I'm dead chuffed you were having problems as well. Don't mean anything unkind by that it's just that I was having problems producing a good image and it's nice to know it wasn't just me. I recollimated the scope very carefully on Wednesday night but couldn't recheck it last night cos the seeing was so bad. Will post my image tonight for comparison.

Martin

Hi Guys

I had similar problems with Saturn last night.

Seeing pretty poor. I initially suspected either inadequate scope cool down or collimation.

The scope was cool ( to say the least! ) and the collimation was fine.

Image at 150x and 200x not brilliant, Cassini division OK, but hardly a suspicion of a smudge on Saturn itself

Moondog

Hi James,

I think the atmosphere was to blame last night. Rob and I were out with all the scopes. We found 200x to be the absolute limit but the best view was 150x.

I think you still got a good image considering the sky. Cassini and the bands are nicely visible.

Plus it always takes a couple of nights to get used to a new scope.

Nice one

Russ

Thanks Guys n Girls,

Feel a bit better about the image after reading about everyone else's problems with seeing maybe the scope isnt far off collimation after all Mmmmmm. Saturn looked quite nice with the 40mm ep so like Russ it was best view at low magnifcation last night.

James :lol:

Overhead into the Bin at the moment pile of poo! May try soemthing with it later if its cloudy. The thing is when putting the Gain levels up it gets scanlines over the images this maybe interferance from the lead Mmmmmmm Betty. :lol:

Archived