Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mini Mars and Saturn

Aussie Dave

Well I'm still at it with the Xbox 360 webcam :rolleyes2: but this time using Firecapture and without Barlows. What I did notice while processing was most images didn't need RGB align. The only downside was a smaller image to work with.

Conditions seemed average to good. Celestron Nexstar 8i, 2 short extension tubes and Celestron UV/IR Cutoff filter

Mars 30fps, 3000 frames from 6000 stacked in AS!2, wavelets in RS6, finished in PDN.

Drizzle15_Sat_011930_g5_b3_ap1 3000f 6000t Dyadic Default Final.png

Saturn 17fps, 2000 frames from the best 4000 using PIPP from 9000 total, stacked in AS!2, wavelets in RS6, finished in PDN.

Drizzle15_025536_pipp_g5_b3_ap1 2000f 4000t final.png

The next image is a single best frame from a video that has been sharpened slightly, noise reduced and levels adjusted in PDN. If you're wondering about image scale, it is enlarged.

Screenshot 1fr final.png

This was a test to see if I could get better detail, sharper images from my Celestron 8i without using Barlows. I don't believe I did. The only other thing I can eliminate out of the equation is the UV/IR filter?

So it looks like I'll be on the hunt for a another scope for imaging 10"+ SCT. The Edge HD's are likely the go unless there are better in the market. Any suggestions?

Archived