Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

It ain't pretty, but it works!

rev_dom

I know there are people on here who are very skilled woodworkers, and I'm certainly not one of them! However, I've had a bit of holiday this week and, in the absence of clear skies, have busied myself making this. It's pretty ugly, but it seems to work (and I'm not the lightest chap in the world, so am very pleased that I've made something sturdy using offcuts and scraps from the garage)!

What do you think? I'm going to add a little handle at the top at some point, but I think other than that it's complete.

20160603_110214.jpg

3 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Maybe a cushion or padding on the seat might be a good idea too. Might be a little uncomfortable after a while. Nicely done none the less. :) 

Thank you! I might add a cushion at some stage - I'll give it a run in first to see how I go.

3 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Looks good! Do you just lift the front of the seat up to raise/lower? 

Yep! It works quite well. It all comes apart too so I can stick it in the boot of the car flat if I need to :)

Nice... looks very simple but functional and well constructed, are you going to varnish it? 

If you fancy posting more pics so other people could copy the design I'm sure they'd be very grateful *ahem* ;)

A great effort and don't knock yourself, many wouldn't even have a go. Function over form it maybe but it does what you set out to achieve.  Maybe a bit of cushioning for the derrière for those many hours of use it will get :wink:  

Nice work! Don't underestimate your skills cause it seems quite sturdy, light and handy. I would appreciate it if you could describe us how you built it. I'm also interested in making one!

Many devices hurriedly made wouldn't win a beauty contest,  but their beauty manifests in the fact that they work,  and in many cases work damned well, as in this creation of yours. You could pretty it up a bit no doubt,  but why bother,  it probably won't improve it's function. 

And we'll done by the way,  it is always great to make something useful :icon_salut:

25 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Just had another quick look at your pic. 

The nearest foot comes off so you can slide the seat off to fold it all flat? 

That's right. Most of the time I'll leave the seat and foot on, but to transport it I wanted to make sure it comes apart.

For all those who've expressed an interest in more pictures and descriptions, I'll do my best to post something soon! Surprised by the interest in some ways, but given that an equivalent bought chair can run easily to £100 I suppose it's not that shocking!

Archived