Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

10.30 to midnight, summery.

Some lovely views and pushing the magnification up gave plenty of contrast. It was almost primal waiting under clear and darkening blue sky for the first ISS pass. Mars soon appeared, there's nothing to beat observing by your own cave. Definately worth giving this early start a shot. Clouds with a chill north breeze rolled in around midnight closing a decent session. Even M27 and a bright M13 showed up well,

clear skies ! Nick.image.jpegimage.jpeg

Cheers Nick, a joy as always to see your reports.

I had 10/10's cloud last night, but the previous evening, a good 4 hour session. Apart from the Planets I had a startlingly good view of M13 through the 12", using the 13 Ethos, that I treated myself to a few months back( late to the party, as usual with this eyepiece, but boy is it worth it!).

I also had a crack at the central star in M57, but 428X was my max. possible ( 7mm barlowed), and I doubt that the seeing was good enough anyway, so failure. :happy11:

Nice report as ever Nick, there was me thinking you were losing interest until I read the real reason for the packing up. We have had those annoying skies, clear but haze everywhere you want to look. I am sure the goto moves it with the scope. Got onto Mars but it was awful after a very hot and sticky day, today is the same. We have only has 27 storms in May but if feels like we could use another.

Alan

Nice one as always Nick, I had clear skies too last night but quite a lot of haze. M13 was probably the pick of the DSO bunch, lovely. Jupiter looked pretty cracking too, nice GRS transit on display for an added bit of interest.

I managed to track the ISS for a while too in the frac at quite high power, looked great.

Archived