New to SGL and desperately looking for visual observers...The Dob Mob is the answer?

Caput Gorgonis

There are lots of observing reports on here and I even drop the odd one in myself just to prove that I still know what an eyepiece is. (It's that glass thing at right angles, right?)  One thing is for sure: I will retire to the eyepiece if I ever get to retire.

It would be a shame to drum up an imaging versus observing mentality (not that you are doing) because they are all about the night, the depths of space and all that good stuff.

Yes, the north Spanish coast can be wet. I have never seen Bilbao when it wasn't pouring down and I've been quite a few times. However, many UK astronomers whould swap with you in a heartbeat. I've seen many great skies in the Cantabrians, never with a scope because I was always cycling.

Anyway, welcome aboard.

Olly

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

It would be a shame to drum up an imaging versus observing mentality (not that you are doing) because they are all about the night, the depths of space and all that good stuff.

I agree. It is far from my intention. Actually, I think that rules about forbidden topics should be: 

1. Religion
  2. Politics
  3. Visual vs. Imaging

Being said that, at this stage of my life my ideal night is observing at the mountains with nothing more than a wooden structure thart put together two mirrors and some lenses.  Which is what brought me here. :smiley:

Clear skies!

Hi and welcome to SGL!! I also hail from Spain but a good deal further down than you  - On the East coast near Valencia. While I can share your love of Spain, I can't share your love of visual and have actually looked through a scope less than 6 times (not even looked through the ones I use now, they don't know what an EP is!! )

It's good to have you around - I hope that SGL and the great folks on here help fill the void of the real world with some internet friendliness :)

14 hours ago, Pig said:

I believe it was called " Operation Ethos" :happy7:

Don't talk to Steve about Ethos those words are still ringing in my ears!!   :evil62:

Archived