Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 8-5-16- The End Game

si@nite

This will be my last attempt at old jove until next showing, seeing was again cack as usual, but thought id post them anyway!

Managed to get a grs shot & the start of the Io transit! Thanks for looking Guys!

8-5-16-io transit.png

Can see the poor seeing Simon. I think a lot of folks in the UK have done well fighting what we know can be challenging conditions here this year.

Its good to post the poor stuff as well as the good. Shows what we are up against. I am sure if we could all be in great locations That our images would likely sky rocket.

For most of us that's out of the question, I think our love for planetary imaging shines through the murk. And determination not to be put off.

And for that its been a great success

Can see some subtle detail in the wake. And processing looks good. I am going back to lunar in the coming months Simon. Need to save for new a lunar camera. Bigger more sensitive chip. And get the

300p on that.

One opportunity closes, but another opens.  You ever been interested in lunar imaging Simon. It can be a lot of fun trying to push the quality.

And we have a bit more control as it is often quite high

Cheers Neil.

Ive done a bit of lunar Neil & will give it a go, we take for granted our nearest neighbour don't we, ive certainly got a great camera in the 236m with 1920 x 1200 resolution!

Hope you can give me some tips Neil, Probably be pm. ing you very soon for some good advice, I would love to get into the really close stuff as you do!

You've done well in the conditions with these Simon and some nice processing as Neil says.  I also love imaging the Moon and it will certainly provide the planetary imager in the UK a lifeline whilst the usual targets are down in the murk. 

Pete 

Archived