Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

USB 3.0??

You can have the control software there but if the physical ports are not there, then I would say no. Never tried loading in software for a none existent bit of hardware, but would have thought that the software would report "not found".

Note, there is no USB 3.0 root hub there.

Derek

Thanks guys, SO iI have the software (drivers?) but not the hardware?  I see in Yours Davey-T that you have the 'Enhanced host controller'... I guess thats the hardware bit I'm missing!

I don't know about windows based machines but checking my Mac (laptop) you have to look carefully as it seems to use USB "internally" quite a lot and some is USB 2 and some USB 3.

For example, the trackpad and keyboard camera are on a USB 2 bus (max speed reported as 12Mb/sec), Facetime camera on another USB 2.0 bus whilst the two sockets for external devices are on a USB 3.0 bus.  And the external sockets are white/grey NOT blue.

Also, I seem to remember reading somewhere (so questionable memory here and thus maybe incorrect) that on a USB3 hub, any USB2 devices will pull the entire hub down to USB2 (including the USB3 devices connected to the hub).

Ian

Archived