Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tele Vue Discount ? (maybe, maybe not)

John

I had all my T6 Naglers new from Stay-focused in Birmingham and they were £175 each in 2011 they are now listed as £305 each at TH. I was always under the impression prices were supposed to go down not up on already established sellers.

I will probably upset a few Televue fans but I honestly do not think a 13mm T6 is significantly better than an ES14mm to warrant a £184 price difference.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what Widescreen Centre's ad in the new issue of Astronomy Now reads:

"If you haven't heard the news, Tele Vue's summer promotion has now kicked in and there's NEVER been a better time to upgrade your eyepiece collection."

£389 for a Nagler zoom!!!!! Ridiculous.

It does seem that these are now in territory which makes them very hard to justify vs other options. Hopefully there will be some discussion between UK suppliers and Televue and something can be done.

Typically, having had plenty of TVs in the past, I currently only have  3-6 Nag zoom and 24mm Panoptic. At this rate, that's how it will stay!

It does seem strange that the prices are so high. Even TS have the 3-6 zoom listed at 375 euro https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p1776_TeleVue-Nagler-Zoom-3-6mm---high-quality-planetary-zoom.html but for some reason show that as a discount from 475. :icon_scratch:

And what happened to all your TV's Stu ? I thought you had quite the selection ? What's gracing those fine scopes of yours these days ?

Archived