Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Not sure which I prefer

Soupy

I am amazed by the quality of sunspot pics from members today so here's mine. Took a few avi's and only processed one lot, had lots of issues with registax not working then autostakkert also not working. I ended up uninstalling autostakkert then installing latest version which thankfully did work. Got pic converted to jpeg then also sharpened it in PS on the iPad.

so here's my dilemma which is the better software for processing avi's, registax or autostakkert, and is a sharpened picture better than an unsharpened one?

unsharpened

image.jpeg

sharpened

image.jpeg

thanks for looking and your thoughts

Nice images. Think I prefer the unsharpened version in this case.

I generally use AutoStakkert if I am stacking avi's / ser's and Registax if stacking stills (CR2 / TIFF). I generally aim to stack about 50 frames in both cases and then sharpen using either wavelets in Registax or ImPPG if using AS2! to stack.

HTH, keep plugging away. There is no substitute for practice in this game.

Yes I agree with you both, the unsharpened version looks more natural (in this case anyway, maybe I need to work more on my sharpening technique!)

might try the wavelets for sharpening see how they look, cheers

Archived