Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC4565 - Needle Galaxy

RSM

My latest image taken Thursday 31st March. Used 90 x 3 minute subs out of a total of 110.

Masterdark, Masterbias and Masterflat used (first time I've taken proper flats from the early morning sky before packing up), processed in Pixinsight. Did not use a light pollution filter for this one.

NGC4565 - Needle Galaxy (reduced size).png

Clear Skies!

That's a really nice image- load of detail in NGC4565. If you run gradientXterminator across the image it would clean up the gradient very nicely. I like the smaller background galaxies which have not been lost in the background. Well done its a good image & the distortion of the stars in the top left could be mostly eliminated with a bit of cropping or cloning a good star over the top-but that's cheating!

Thanks for all the positive comments. 

I maybe need to be a touch more selective on the subs to try and avoid the elongated stars. I do get a bit of coma issue with my set up at the edge of the field of view. So far it's not really detracted much from the image (unless you zoom in a lot) and the main subject doesn't suffer too much being at the centre of the image. 

Pyrasanth: Within PI I applied DBE which did a good job of removing the background LP gradient (I don't have PS or background exterminator) and also tried a light SCNR (red) to a masked version which removed a lot of the unwanted gradient which was left in the almost final image. I also tried to take out unwanted background noise with adjusting the curves gently. Might try going back to the original master and applying a second light touch with DBE, sometimes that can work effectively, sometimes it makes a bit of a mess!:-)

Archived