SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Reprocess from the 31st, much better?

Pete Presland

Following from the original post https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/266883-a-few-from-31032016/ 

I have had another go at one of the RGB's from the 31st. In C/S2 I performed a histogram stretch on the individual channels first, then lightly sharpened them, before combining them. I then opened the image in Reg6 and did an RGB balance which certainly removed the red cast I always seem to get.

It looks better to me, but I am never satisfied until I get SGL members approval.

conv_Jupiterx2_310316_221110_g4_b3_ap205 combined rgb balanced.png

What a difference Pete, processing can be half the battle sometimes, I very rarely use the same approach twice, but im always looking at old data & trying different things, something to do on these cloudy nights we cannot get out!

21 minutes ago, bunnygod1 said:

I agree, but I would think the middle would end up blown out if I brighten it anymore?

How does this look on your monitor Pete? All I did was raise gamma in image analyser. I've also used colour noise reduction to remove the coloured fringes :

pete jup.png

3 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

How does this look on your monitor Pete? All I did was raise gamma in image analyser. I've also used colour noise reduction to remove the coloured fringes :

pete jup.png

Thanks Stuart. Certainly an improvement, what S.W were you using?

Archived