Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Baader Maxbright Bino Viewer

DARREN  W

Hi all,

Has anyone any info regarding the new Bino Viewers from Baader?

Tried looking high and low for a pair of Maxbrights but everywhere now seems out of stock of the old product.

This will be my first try at Bino viewing and the reviews to date just leave me impatient..cant wait to try it out!

Thanks for the reply.

One more question please... I am currently using a Baader 2" Dielectric Mirror Diagonal on my CPC1100.Will I have to change to a Prism Diagonal to get the best out of a Binoviewer set up?

Many thanks for your(anybody's) help and advise! 

3 hours ago, DARREN W said:

Thanks for the reply.

One more question please... I am currently using a Baader 2" Dielectric Mirror Diagonal on my CPC1100.Will I have to change to a Prism Diagonal to get the best out of a Binoviewer set up?

Many thanks for your(anybody's) help and advise! 

I really don't know, I wouldn't have thought so. I use an Omegon Amici prism with my bino's quite often as I prefer a correct image view for lunar/planetary.

• 3 weeks later...

A belated reply Darren but as a past (and happy) owner of 2 pairs of Maxbrights, I wouldn't be too fixed on "Maxbrights or nothing"..for me, the best thing about them is the T2 modular connectivity system which is incredibly flexible.

I do hope any new model keeps this feature and also that it loses the 3 tiny screws on each eyepiece holder, these are an exercise in frustration!

Optically there is little to choose between Maxbrights, William Optics, TS Optics etc. I currently have a Lyra Optics pair which are pretty much identical to the TS Optics, and the big plus of these are the self centering eyepiece holders, along with individual dioptre adjustment for each side.

I hope Baader do hurry up with their new binoviewer and it would be great if they would increase the prism size too, so we could have a larger clear aperture of say 23-24mm on the eyepiece side, so we could use wider field longer focal length eyepieces without vignetting:-).

Good luck with your search!

Dave

I reckon the TS ones are hard to beat currently in terms of both price and quality. Very nice, and the self centering eyepiece holders work really well. I didn't get on with the Macbright system at all, very fussy and hard to get right. I 

Baader replied to my email (as they always do) and said there was no info on the new binoviewers yet. I like my Denkmeier's and even though they might seem expensive they are a great value, with many features. These features and build quality (optics included) put them in a league of their own.

I had hoped Baader could have at least given me some info as I was considering the new Maxbrights- if they were easily collimatable, with accurate diopter adjustments and true self centering holders I would have considered them. Baaders prisms are top notch IMHO but the housing needs to be improved also IMHO.

• 11 months later...

Ooooooh, Baader have a new website !  A really nice website too !!

They announced a successor to the Maxbright 2 or 3 years ago ?  They don't rush do Baader lol....

Official response :

I would like to ask if the release date of the successor model is already known? Thank you in advance.

Question by: Sebastian S. on Oct 8, 2016 2:40:00 PM | 1 Answer(s)

Please excuse, the release date of the Maxbright G2 is not confirmed and we do not want to have people waiting too long. Maybe you could find a used model somewhere to ease the wait. At any rate, we are working hard to make it very good - seriously better than the G1 Maxbright.

Answer by: Baader Web Team (Admin) on Oct 10, 2016 10:13:00 AM

Archived