Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tilt Shift Effect on Images

Hey all,

I was tinkering with Tilt Shift in PhotoShop recently and I was quite liking the result I got from it.  Has anyone else tried this and what do people think about it?  Does it make the image look odd or more interesting or other?

Here's a crop of a horsehead image I took with tilt shift applied.

HorseheadTiltShiftIris.thumb.jpg.33c89a7

HorseheadTiltShift.thumb.jpg.227dd8e0020

I like the 3D effect too.  I think the filter is actually to make things miniature.  it was quite simple to do following a quick tutorial online.  I agree I wouldn't want to see this on all images, at least not to this extent.  I do like images that pop.  I tried to use it on M42 but the neb was filling the whole frame.  The Eagle would work providing it was a wide shot and not the hubble.

I thinks it's a great effect, doesn't really enhance anything, but it's fun and makes you look at the objects you know and love in a new way. Looks like a horse swimming in an ocean of hydrogen waves. :) I'd like to see some more.

Archived