A new start from Merseyside

Pete58

Hi,

My name is Pete, i have been interested in astronomy for a long time and got my first Telescope 2 years ago an Orion XT8. It was great and my first view through it was of Jupiter and 4 moons. since then i have been ill with osteoarthritis so unable to use it. I have just got it under control and snapped the ligament in my left shoulder so cannot lift anything too heavy. So today i sold it and am now looking for something lighter with a motor drive. Looking at the Skywatcher explorer 130p supertrak or the Celestron 130EQ with motor drive, but have also seen a Skywatcher explorer 200p. So many choices just need more money now.

Thank You

Pete

Hi Pete and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your health difficulties but hopefully being here will help you with your selection of a new scope. Best post a question regarding your choices over on the equipment section as more people visit there than here, but my pennies worth would be to recommend the 200P Skywatcher as you get a lot of aperture (more light equals better resolution) for your bucks and is straightforward to set up etc.

Clear skies and hope you make a quick recovery - onwards and upwards! :bino2:

Welcome

If you are looking as big as a 200p (that might be heavy) what about the skywatcher star discovery 150p. It has goto, tracking and can be used totally manually with no power.

But my residing thought is the best telescope is the one you can consistently take outside and use because it is an easily comfortable weight, shape and size, you will see more with that then any large apperture so maybe smaller is better.

Archived