Green and Black Slippery Slope

Andyb90

On a slightly morbid point, it's good to have a buddy or make a list of the value of your kit in the event that you shuffle off this mortal coil before your other half. That way they will get a decent value for your kit.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

On a slightly morbid point, it's good to have a buddy or make a list of the value of your kit in the event that you shuffle off this mortal coil before your other half. That way they will get a decent value for your kit.

real ray of sunshine ain't cha shane :grin:

25 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

My mum-in-law has just gone into a nursing home - if I sold all my kit it would cover the costs of just 10 days nursing care :undecided:

28 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

I have a recently divorced aquaitence who had a weakness for subtle, but expensive, watches.

Boy! Did he regret making that list!

FYI - His ex wife was left very well catered for on the money front even without the watch money.

Paul

The 24mm is my most used eyepiece. It's the only one I use every stargazing session without fail. Light, max TFOV for a 1.25" EP, crisp to the margins. The only issue might be eye relief (15mm) if you wear glasses. Otherwise, it's perfect. 

3 hours ago, Paul73 said:

Forgot to say. Enjoy the slippery slope! 

I've run out of space in my eyepiece case so am now immune from all Green temptation.

Paul

I just bought a bigger case. Not all green-and-black, however. There are three Pentax XWs, a Vixen LVW 42, and a MaxVision 24mm 68° in there as well. 

IMAG0830.thumb.jpg.de3cd75a57c1ee96aef6e

And some dangerous empty space. :D

If someone had started wondering what would be a good choice for a TV EP between 24mm and 8mm. Would there be any recommendations?

For say a 10 inch dob (1200mm fl, F4.7).

Oh dear. Here we go again.

Andy.

The Vixen SLV 12mm is right up there with TV in terms of optical performance and comfort IMHO. It just lacks the FoV.

I might suggest the 13mm Ethos for Andy but they are another slippery slope within the slippery slope we are already discussing :rolleyes2:

Maybe one day an Ethos might be possible.

I'm wondering if the 17.3 gives me a big enough increase in magnification from the 24mm at 19x.

The 15mm would give me a 30x increase and the 14mm 36x.

Andy.

On 12 March 2016 at 21:34, Andyb90 said:

Maybe one day an Ethos might be possible.

I'm wondering if the 17.3 gives me a big enough increase in magnification from the 24mm at 19x.

The 15mm would give me a 30x increase and the 14mm 36x.

Andy.

Yes. It gives a good gap. I had the ES82° 24mm and the Delos 17.3mm as the next step down.

Worked a treat. 

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Jove's photo reminds me of the wall of Marshall amps at a rock concert !

Interesting how the Nagler zoom box is different from the others - points to a different manufacturer I reckon. Vixen, I've always thought ?

Archived