Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Daughters wedding day Jupiter!

Pete Presland

My one and only daughter got married on the 19th Feb, :icon_biggrin: so I was home alone for the evening of the 18th and what else would you expect the father of the bride to be doing on the eve of the big day, apart from writing his speech?

Only just around to processing the images. The first is from the evening before, the second very early on the day. The usual set up C9.25/ASI120mm, 60 secs per RGB channel, stacked in A/S2 and combined in CS2.

56d4bc6608a55_2016.02.1823.15.png.3b95b156d4bc8257eff_2016.02.1900.05.png.ad0c8c

Congratulations, Pete, those are splendid pictures and I hope the big day went well.

Not that your intentions were in any way similar, but your post reminded me of a wedding I attended about 30 years ago just outside Edinburgh. The father of the bride and the groom made their speeches and then declared that the Celtic v Rangers game was on Sky in the pub across the road and the entire male audience emptied out to watch the game whilst the women ate the wedding feast :lol:

3 minutes ago, DRT said:

Congratulations, Pete, those are splendid pictures and I hope the big day went well.

Not that your intentions were in any way similar, but your post reminded me of a wedding I attended about 30 years ago just outside Edinburgh. The father of the bride and the groom made their speeches and then declared that the Celtic v Rangers game was on Sky in the pub across the road and the entire male audience emptied out to watch the game whilst the women ate the wedding feast :lol:

I had been told there was to be no sneaking the Lunt50 IN the back of the car on the day! It was cloudy anyway so there was no temptation. I did smile to myself outside in the early hours of the 19th, under the stars thinking about the bridal party all having a nervy restless night over in Cambridgeshire.  

Archived