Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

skywatcher 250px focus rubber grip

So went out tonight for the first time in about maybe 3 years with the 250 px and what a lovely view of jupiter I had, lots of detail :happy10:, anyhow as soon as I began to focus, the rubber grip that is inset in the focus wheel broke in half, so I now need a pair of them, any idea as to where I can get them or maybe make a pair ?

Thx

When the same happened to mine I just stuck it back on with a strip of double sided tape. There was a tiny gap which I filled with a small strip of plain rubber cut to size. It was barely noticeable - I searched high and low to find a replacement and drew a blank. :)

When I bought my Skyliner 300p second hand it had no rubber grips. I made some from the textured rubber sheet Aldi sell for lining a car boot and glued them in place with Maplin black two sided foam adhesive tape described as 'Motor Tape' (or similar). This is 12mm wide which fits perfectly between the focuser knob flanges, and has very strong adhesive.

Archived