Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Laptop Dew Shield

Mav359

Though i'd have a go at the DewBuster laptop dew shield and its come out quite well.  I'd probably throw a towel or blanket over it for added protection but it works a treat.

I'm considering expanding the idea and putting a dew heater tape in the opening for that added bit of protection and a 12v battery pack to power it.

Anyways.....

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

Made something similar for Solar imaging but then discovered that if I used it at night the laptop generated enough heat to keep it dew free.

Dave

You can buy the black stuff in Wickes, sold as floor protector.

PC-Sunshield-1.jpg

9 hours ago, Mav359 said:

Corrugated plastic sheets, I bought it off ebay and got 2 square meters for £18.

Dont know what do do with the rest of it...... Yet

Does it bend? Then dew shields :)

If not window blackouts......

Give us all a few days I'm sure we can come up with other wonderfoooouull ideas !

Are you going to Galloway this time?

Derek

8 minutes ago, Physopto said:

Does it bend? Then dew shields :)

If not window blackouts......

Give us all a few days I'm sure we can come up with other wonderfoooouull ideas !

Are you going to Galloway this time?

Derek

Dew shields are taken care of, Black out blinds already installed, keep them coming.....

In November yes, absolutley, gutted i missed last year but just got hammered on the finance side of things. I'm booked for SGLXI next month but thats touch and go as my Dads quite unwell but there is NO WAY i'm missing Galloways this year.

10 hours ago, saggiemaggie7 said:

ive got to say this is a great idea im learning very quickly and hope in the next few weeks to computerise my scope and the thaught of dew on my laptop never even crossed my mind so thankyou you might have saved me a few quid lol :)

As much as i like to tell everyone how brilliant and inventive i am :icon_biggrin: this isn't my idea......

For all things dew start here...

http://www.dewbuster.com/heaters-330ohm-resistors.html

...it'll give you at least a good idea of all the things Dew to think about even if you aren't making everything yourself.

Archived