Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

15mm Panoptic

Moonshane

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Moonshane said:

LOL. I remain convinced this is a keeper. I will though be buying a 9mm Delite having just sold my 8mm Delos.  although having just spent the money on another moonlite it will have to wait for a while

Ok Shane.

It has been an hour now. Admit it. You've ordered it haven't you??

Paul

Very interesting post, Shane. :) 

I have the 24mm and just think it's a gem. Possibly my favourite: so easy to use, nice neutral tone and adequate field of view.

I can only think the 15mm is another excellent member in the Pan gang, and your report seems to confirm it. :) 

Wish you many hours of fun with it!

I don't Alan and to me it seems strange they did. I suppose if you ignore my weird eyes then maybe the 13mm or 16mm Naglers would make it redundant.  BUT as a lunar observer (among other things naturally) I really don't get on with the newer wide fields. Thankfully I can benefit from the new designs as the effects described above don't happen in the Delites (or any Panoptics) it could be a peripheral vision issue with my eyes but as, perversely I do enjoy the benefits of wide field oculars the 15mm Panoptic will be in my eyepiece box for some time I reckon.

I find it strange too, after all Meade and ExSc continued to produce the 16mm SWA, most likely a clone, some don't like 82 degree fields and for many things I tend to like a narrower FOV without going to orthoscopics. For me the now I have a fair selections of scopes, large fields like Nagler and above come into their own with Dobsonians, don't know where i would be without my Ethos'ssss on the Sumerian.

Archived