Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Planet Locations Tonight

Lebster31

Hello everyone on SGL! I am taking my telescope out these next few mornings to try and get a good view of the planets. I am well are of Jupiter, Mars, and Venus' locations at the moment, but am having trouble with Saturn. I just saw Jupiter for the first time last night and the four Galilean moons and I was awestruck! Can anyone help me find Saturn? Any answers will be greatly appreciated! Also, keep in mind I live in Wisconsin. Thank you!!!

Hi 'Lebster31' and welcome to SGL. Saturn is in Scorpius and below the horizon from GB/UK at time of writing this reply. It is not going to get very high this year either which is not going to help either.

Download Stellarium if you have not already done so and select your location from there. It is free and one or two SGL members are part of the Stellarium team.

Clear skies.

Hi 'Lebster31' and welcome to SGL. Saturn is in Scorpius and below the horizon from GB/UK at time of writing this reply. It is not going to get very high this year either which is not going to help either.

Download Stellarium if you have not already done so and select your location from there. It is free and one or two SGL members are part of the Stellarium team.

Clear skies.

Oop's... I meant Ophiuchus, not Scorpius... (and now just above the horizon).

I just want to give a big thanks to anyone on here that replied! I took your advice and downloaded Stellarium which allowed me to get a good view of Saturn this morning!! I could see much more than I expected, I even saw the Cassini Division! So thank you to everyone on here for your suggestions!

Happy Viewing!

Caleb

Archived