NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astrofest

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair to say I had an excellent day, good to see daz and his lad, meet Grant and Lunator and all the other guys and have a mooch around some astronomy exotica.

I was very tempted to get my wallet out on several occasions but people kept reminding me of what Mrs. P would do if I got home with a 4.5" Triplet apo.. :shock:

I'll stick with my £12.99 bino's for now :lol:

Look forward to the next SG gathering..

Greg

Those last scopes are huge... :shock:

That middle one is my dream scope Caz, unless I'm mistaken its the 8" f20 Orion Optics Mak/Cass........Hmmmmmm.....

One day Gaz, one day... :lol:

Mark,

I wasn't having a go, you know us women and colours, its got to go with everthing.... :p:(

I think you just Fancy the purple scope at the beginning of this theed :p

Mark

Sorry guys, been v. busy since Saturday.

Andrew and I had a great day, and it was good to meet the Club Chef, Steve and Grant again, and to meet Lunator and Banjo-jimmy.

I attended the morning session talks and am almost finished writing them up. I'll try and get it done tonight before I forget it all!!

I got a couple of bits I was after - 2" revelation 30mm EP, 0.5x Antares Focal Reducer, Variable Star book by David Levy (yep, him), and the £14K 8" refractor :(:p:lol:

Steve - yep, the triple turret was £99.

It would be fair to say that the afternoon of the Saturday is a good day for bargains and haggling. Most of the trade stands will not want to take a lot of stuff home and would rather sell at a small profit than not sell at all. We saw some very nice Lanthanums that had 25% knocked off without even trying. I dare say someone with negotiating skills could do better.....

Archived