Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The 'scope Is Only The Start!

When I got it a few months ago I thought that was it.

Now, several EPs, a couple of filters, a power pack, and (just ordered) a magnifying finderscope later, I see how wrong I was.

The wife's gonna want some decorating doing to make up for all this.

Anyway, just had a quick look at the Moon at x250 with my 6mm EP, and it's all worthwhile!

a couple of filters

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!. You are only getting started. There are so many filters out there that you may not need, but you will want. Just wait til you get into Solar observing (yeah you will). You may need a whole new scope AND filters for that. 

I notice you dont have a camera/video came listed. Gonna want one of those also and the bits to attach it to a scope. 

I could go on, but you may feel very faint or even pass out.

:icon_biggrin: 

a couple of filters

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!. You are only getting started. There are so many filters out there that you may not need, but you will want. Just wait til you get into Solar observing (yeah you will). You may need a whole new scope AND filters for that. 

I notice you dont have a camera/video came listed. Gonna want one of those also and the bits to attach it to a scope. 

I could go on, but you may feel very faint or even pass out.

:icon_biggrin:[/

background] 

Just had a stuff drink, thanks.

Funnily enough, I did take a look at the Sun a while ago with a Baader filter and my eyes went blurry for a couple of hours!

sometimes, the scope is the cheap bit.

My scopes (all 4 combined) come in @ about 3K. That leaves a heck of a lot more cash that ive spent on "accessories" since about 2007.

So yeah, the scope can often be the cheapest part.

*not bragging about my scopes.............they aint the most expensive in the world, by a long shot. I just like to be honest and realistic about astronomy and its cost*. 

Since buying my 1st scope back at the end of 2007, i probably have about 9-10k invested...........(when i include DSLR,binoculars etc. I didnt spend all the money on filters, you will be happy to learn).

I wont include the price of the house i moved into nearly 2 yrs ago. The skies here as much darker then where i was living, so in a weird way, the new house is an astro investment also.

LOL.

Pleased to be joining in!

You are most welcome and you are in very good company here. SGL really the best astro forum on the web (as far as i am concerned). We are all equals enjoying the same thing and the depth and wealth of knowledge here is just incredible to be honest. 

You are most welcome and you are in very good company here. SGL really the best astro forum on the web (as far as i am concerned). We are all equals enjoying the same thing and the depth and wealth of knowledge here is just incredible to be honest. 

So right!

It's like Facebook, but without all the attention seeking!

Not only that Paul but the members here are incredibly generous with their time to help us less knowledgeable folk to get the best from our gear.

Archived