Timelapse with the Nikon D810A and soft filter

The last time I tried a timelapse, it worked ok however the stars didn't pop so much. This attempt is with the D810a and 24-70/2.8 (at the 24mm f/4 setting) with a soft filter to have the stars pop up more. Unfortunately with the location, there were lots of airplanes landing in an international airport ("nearby"). Panning was done by the Vixen Polarie. We were located in the parking of the golf course (as such the golf clubhouse at end). Thanks to my friend Davy for the music.

All I get from this link is "Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here".

You might want to change your settings if you want people to view it.

Oh cheers. Yes I forgot I did disable embedding. I just only copied/pasted the Link though. Didn't try to put any BBCode around it. I guess IP.Board automatically picks it up.

Edit: Fixed :). Cheers!

Thanks for the compliments. Wish I could have used my 14-24 instead but no soft filter option with that lens.

I think it is great! what were your settings please? I like the soft filter effect

Fay

ISO2500 (thought afterall I've got a soft filter on and gonna be HD at most, a higher ISO wouldn't matter so much. Lens was the 24-70/2.8 at the 24mm f/4 setting. Shutter was 17 sec with 21 sec intervals (4 sec was more than enough for RAW to flush from the buffer). Had a total of 705 shots before my battery went flat. I used a Kenko Foggy B filter for the soft effect. The panning was done by the Vixen Polarie.

Processing was via Lightroom with the LRTimelapse plugin, then later brought into iMovie for the title/music integration.

Archived