NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Start with a 90 end up with the 15

jetstream

After a partly cloudy cold day I noticed some stars out tonight, not bad, not good, so out with the 90mm I go. Some nice sights were seen in Orion, the Flame neb, M78 and some nebs in Gemini. Changing locations to the dock to try M81/M82, the sky had cleared considerably- the 90mm showed those 2 bright galaxies well. As I kept obs things got better and better so......of to the races! :icon_biggrin: to get the 15" :cheesy:

The 15 showed so many objects, in UMA (bowl) many galaxies were re visited and some new ones surfaced. I saw around 20 galaxies or so- great warm up for the coming season! I just love M97's eyes, the 10mm BCO worked splendidly...did I say 10BCO?! First try that little EP gave me Sirius "B", easily, pretty pumped about that one. M1 was bright and typical,the Gemini nebs looked great, but it was just so good to get a bunch of galaxies again!

I got 3 hrs observing in with temps at -30c, well worth it, and now I have galaxy fever!!

Nice one Gerry :icon_biggrin:  some great views by the sounds of it.

3 hours at - 30 !!! you are an Olympian stargazer. I am convinced the UK would come to a complete halt if we had temperatures like that :happy6:

Archived