Gina's End-of-Year Project Status Report

Gina

As promised I have collected a list of all my current projects and now post a progress and status report.  In this forum I'll post the projects which astro related and post other lists in The Lounge and DIY Observatories.  This list may not be exhaustive.

1. Gina's DIY All Sky Camera - Mark3 - with QHY5L-II-C  Finished and working but developed a fault and indoors for fixing
  2. DIY Moon Phase Dial  Working but not quite finished.
  3. Cloud and Rain Sensor  Under construction and testing but currently shelved until observatory roof automation completed and better weather.
  4. 400mm Focal Length Triple Scope Imaging System   Mostly working but shelved until weather improves.
  5. Analogue Weather Display  In design.
  6. Turret Style Widefield Triple Imaging Rig  Under construction but shelved until weather improves.
  7. Canon DSLR debayered with added cooling, filter wheel and OAG in one unit  Under construction but shelved until weather improves.
  8. Removing all unwanted parts of a DSLR to make a minimal weight and volume astro camera  For reference.
  9. Arduino Based Weather Station  Under construction but shelved until weather improves.
  10. Widefield Triple Imaging Rig   Under construction but shelved until weather improves.

I hope to progress this very soon now.  Have a short spell of dry weather today and making best use of it.  It's still very muddy out and difficult to get to the observatory even in the daytime.  Rain forecast and black clouds about so not sure how long I've got.  But I can tell you this is the first astro project to take to any clear night skies that might arise those not looking good in the foreseeable future.  But what does the MET Office know :D

Archived