Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I am committed now !!!!!

Skipper Billy

A bit more progress this weekend (that's Monday and Tuesday for me!) - got the roof on and it works a treat ! From locked down to ready to roll in about 30 seconds.

Needs some minor adjustments and the apex capping strip making and the blocks for the roof to rest on when open are just temporary.

Once the apex capping strip is made it should be weather-tight.

I might go mad and improve the high security door catch ;-)

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

• Like 10

Its going to be 'painted' with Butinox - just waiting for SWMBO to choose the colour - it could be a while - the colour chart has been waved around the garden in different lighting conditions and still no decision !

1 minute ago, Skipper Billy said:

Its going to be 'painted' with Butinox - just waiting for SWMBO to choose the colour - it could be a while - the colour chart has been waved around the garden in different lighting conditions and still no decision !

You could get a tin of each and camouflage it.

Dave

16 hours ago, Skipper Billy said:

Colour chosen - 'wet clay' - thats a very pale browny grey and SWMBO being SWMBO of course it has to be mixed - nothing as simple as the 40 off the peg colours!!!!!

That will blend in nicely with most of Scotland ;-)

• Like 1

Back in the early 80s I was taught soil science by a great authority on the subject (he advised Cardiff Arm's Park, Wimbledon Wembley etc., largely on how to get rid of earthworms without destroying their soils structure!), a scot  by the name of Sinclair IIRC. he had a great theory about sharp sand, silky silt and clarty clay.

Clearly based on practical experience :happy7:

At least in Wales 'wet' is the only one we have to live with most of the time!

Todays progress - for the millions of you who want to see what colour 'Wet Clay' paint is its had its first coat of paint - see below !

Also hooked up electrics and installed the dehumidifier which is burbling away and pouring water out of its discharge pipe.

Big day tomorrow - trial install of the scope - I hope my measurements are right !

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

• Like 6