Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M45

adavies660

Brilliant stuff. I'm just starting out and I'm suffering from not knowing what to concentrate on. Getting the lovely nebulosity was something I really wanted to try.

I think I'm going to devote my first winter to M31 & M42 as they're two that really captured me from the off.

Brilliant stuff. I'm just starting out and I'm suffering from not knowing what to concentrate on. Getting the lovely nebulosity was something I really wanted to try.

I think I'm going to devote my first winter to M31 & M42 as they're two that really captured me from the off.

You've picked two of the hardest targets to image. With such a high dynamic range in both targets, you're in for a challenge. Good luck.

You've picked two of the hardest targets to image. With such a high dynamic range in both targets, you're in for a challenge. Good luck.

LOL Really...awk balls! Ah well I've started now. My first attempt can be found here:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/258256-m42-my-first-deep-sky-photo/

This was before I got guiding working so I'm currently trying to figure out what my best plan of attack is in terms of different exposures to get detail across the range so I can combine them once I have enough data.

You have a very extreme cutoff between background and nebulosity which gives the impression that the nebulosity arrives 'out of nowhere.' I think this will be an artefact arising out of stretching but it's hard to be sure. My guess would be that it was created when bringing in the black point. I'd try cutting back tha black point much more cautiously during the stretch to see if that helps.

Olly (T'other side of France to you!)

You have a very extreme cutoff between background and nebulosity which gives the impression that the nebulosity arrives 'out of nowhere.' I think this will be an artefact arising out of stretching but it's hard to be sure. My guess would be that it was created when bringing in the black point. I'd try cutting back tha black point much more cautiously during the stretch to see if that helps.

Olly (T'other side of France to you!)

Thanks Olly, (on T'other side) I will try not to be so heavy handed... That's the Wammy-Bar effect for you.. :-) say Hi to Darren K when he get's to you in Jan/Feb..:-) 

Archived