Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

H Alpha December 8th

paulastro

Some nice sunshine here today from 11am to 12, and still some sunny intervals after that - now raining heavily.

Lovely detail visually with the Lunt 60mm DS.  Nice surface detail, a few more filaments and some good active areas,  A few small proms also.  I took some single frames with the Olympus E-M5 and the pics below are two versions of the same frame. (taken at 11.58am) The second version processed to show the proms.  The bit of detached material in the 10 o'clock position was not visible visually and I only saw it on longer exposures.

post-3007-0-21397300-1449586353_thumb.jp

post-3007-0-91764200-1449586461_thumb.jp

I certainly think you should treat yourself Charl, it's just a shame they are not likely to be reduced  in the January sales!

I'll look forward to seeing your pics when you are all set up, they will go well with those lovely white light images you take.

Archived