NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from London...

DevonPaul

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Paul, welcome to SGL. I'm new myself but one piece of advice I would give is if you own a smart phone get star chart. It's basically google maps for the sky and uses phones internal positioning hardware and software to show you exactly what you can see in the sky at any given point. It also has the added advantage of giving additional information on anything you click on. Planet rise times ect ect.One thing you might want to research into is a 2x Barlow.. But opinions are split on these vs a decent EP (eye piece) I've recently bought a skywatcher 250p with goto for my "daughters".. It will of course have to be set up and tested before christmas.. Clear skies

Welcome to the SGL

For the scope itself, anything in my signature works well with or alongside the telescope.

Unfortunately, I dont do lights or gadgets, as they will destroy my vision, not even red lights for me!

The scope with the two supplied eyepieces will work just fine for now, but there are more comfortable eyepieces out there.

Hi Paul & Welcome to SGL.  Turn Left at Orion is a great start, next would be  RACI, a right angled erecting finderscope to replace your existing finderscope.  It will give you  an upright image.  You can check it out on FLO' s site at the top of the page, next a Telrad, the list goes on and on.  You've bought a great scope... :grin:

• 5 weeks later...

Ah, well....

Finally, got my telescope down to Devon, set it up......

...and a whole week of cloudy skies and rain :mad: :mad:

Managed to point it at the moon one morning, but that was all.....

Ho hum, that's probably a familiar feeling to you guys.  I'll be back down in 2 weekends so fingers crossed !

Archived