Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heads up Sky @ Night

DaveS

Just watched it on iplayer too. Fascinating stuff. Adds another dimension to our stargazing knowing that most, if not all the stars we've been looking at over the years have got planets circulating them, some of which may have astronomers on them looking back at us thinking just the same. Accepted, a huge leap of imagination, but to me that's what it's all about☺

(I have to say that my opinion of the programme has grown enormously since the early doubts some of us may have had after Sir Patrick passed away).

The programme is great, but the kiddies in the special effects department still spoil it for me.

Why did the sequences of simulated exoplanet shots have to deliberately soft, jumping about and breaking up?

Was that to simulated a view through a telescope?

It just makes viewing painful.

Back to the days of 'wobbly vision'.....I thought we had grown through that era.

Archived