NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ngc7380 Wizard Neb in Ha

ChrisLX200

A nice bright target for a bright moonlit night, this is 14 x 1200s on the Wizard Nebula using a 3nM Ha filter.

Scope: TV NP127is @ 660mm

CCD: Atik490EX @ 1x1 binning

Mount: 10-Micron GM2000HPS-II

Guide: unguided

Filters: Astrodon 3nM H-alpha

Data: 14 x 1200s

ngc7380%20AstHa%20ST_zpsaoahlt3b.jpg

ChrisH

I do like a good ha image

have you a full res version you would like to share

Thanks Steve, it's a bit of a problem due to filesize but I'll upload it to AstroBin later and that should be an improvement over PhotoBucket..

ChrisH

You'll see a better version (larger scale) if you open the image in PhotoBucket, then click the little + button top-right...

http://s970.photobucket.com/user/ChrisLX200/media/Astro%20-%20Images/ngc7380%20AstHa%20ST_zpsaoahlt3b.jpg.html

or use that link.

Many thanks all :-)

I remembered I had data on this object from last year taken with a 7nM Baader Ha filter. Surprising how many extra stars there are using the the 7nM filter. Other than that, just a bit more contrast with the 3nM, and because I plate solved the older data and used the co-ordinates for the new data I was able to combine the two sets. That's the image below.

get.jpg

ChrisH

Archived