NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first ever piece of gear :)

I wasn't expecting it to be so hooougeee, but it's fantastic. And tonight is going to be clear - what happened to those weeks of clouds you get for buying astro gear? Hehehe. And all I'm going to be mounting on it is a Canon 350D at the moment - 'til I can get a scope. Can anyone say Overkill? Hehehe. When I can work out how to attach the camera that is.

Woop. Haven't set up the handset yet.

5740_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

'Tis an EQ6 Pro

Can I take this opportunity to make a suggestion to you. Before you use the mount in anger with any scopes attached, replace the Altitude adjustment bolts, the one's supplied are just not up to the job, and have a tendancy to bend very easily. You can get these from Ian King, can't remember how much but less than £20 I seem to remember. You can take a look at http://www.astrodevelopments.co.uk to see what I mean.

Looking good though, how long until the rest of the gear arrives? As for the Canon, you can never have a mount that's too sturdy.

Steve..

Hi guys!

Marius - I definately would if I could fix the darn camera. :angry:

Thanks Lightbucket! I fully agree.

Will do Steve - that seems like a good plan. Thank you! :( Will try get some. Rest of the gear arrives when I decide what scope to get, and when I have enough money! Heh.

Thanks guys!

Can I take this opportunity to make a suggestion to you. Before you use the mount in anger with any scopes attached, replace the Altitude adjustment bolts, the one's supplied are just not up to the job, and have a tendancy to bend very easily. You can get these from Ian King, can't remember how much but less than £20 I seem to remember. You can take a look at http://www.astrodevelopments.co.uk to see what I mean.

Looking good though, how long until the rest of the gear arrives? As for the Canon, you can never have a mount that's too sturdy.

Steve..

Word of caution re. the Astrodevelopment bolts. They are fine bits of kit, but I can't use the rear one on my EQ6 Pro because, at my latitude of a smidgin off 56 degrees north, the ratchet handle fouls the polar scope housing, so I have had to revert to the standard bolt. Might work if your latitude does not exceed 54 degrees north - either that or leave the polar scope cover permanently off.

Steve..

Word of caution re. the Astrodevelopment bolts. They are fine bits of kit, but I can't use the rear one on my EQ6 Pro because, at my latitude of a smidgin off 56 degrees north, the ratchet handle fouls the polar scope housing, so I have had to revert to the standard bolt. Might work if your latitude does not exceed 54 degrees north - either that or leave the polar scope cover permanently off.

Keagle - you should be OK, I believe your in the lower 50 degrees latitude.

Steve

I wasn't expecting it to be so hooougeee, but it's fantastic. And tonight is going to be clear - what happened to those weeks of clouds you get for buying astro gear? Hehehe. And all I'm going to be mounting on it is a Canon 350D at the moment - 'til I can get a scope. Can anyone say Overkill? Hehehe. When I can work out how to attach the camera that is.

Woop. Haven't set up the handset yet.

5740_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

'Tis an EQ6 Pro

There is an update for the controller too via Skywatcher Support I believe. TJ reminded me to do mine, but I haven't got round to it yet.

Ron. :angry:

Oo those dovetails are tempting - I'll have a look at knocking one up tonight and if I fail could I give you a shout? Thank you! :(

Ron - I'll have to download that then :angry: Will do it as soon as my power thingy arrives - should be today!

Ah close, but luckily I'm under 54 with N51:45:32. Yeahh! Heh.

Thanks guys!

Got my power supply today. Plugged it into the mains, plugged the scope in, and nothing happened. Then wisps of smoke started coming out the power supply.

:angry: Bliddy Maplin. Can't use my mount for aggesss...and we've had all clear nights since I bought it.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

Got my power supply today. Plugged it into the mains, plugged the scope in, and nothing happened. Then wisps of smoke started coming out the power supply.

:D Bliddy Maplin. Can't use my mount for aggesss...and we've had all clear nights since I bought it.

WOW!!!!! So what has gone wrong matey?

Archived