Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC book

I also ordered from OOdals, John. I emailed them a couple of days ago and they assured me it was on its way. They have an excellent feedback rating on Amazon so I still don't get what would be in it for them to intentionally deceive. Very strange.

They have been in touch by email again to-day, (lady called Eva) to confirm details and address. At least that is two of us. If there are any more guys out there who have placed an order with them for the book, it would be most interesting to know, especially if none of the books turn up. What was the line in one of Shakespeare`s  plays " I smell a device"   :eek: we shall see :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an order with them too - no show yet.

I did get another copy of "I spy fly guy today" from another amazon marketplace retailer. I've emailed them about the "error" but no reply yet.

I don't think there is a scam going on, just crossed wires / ISBNs.

James

Well at least that is three of us having ordered fro OOdals. To be fair, I don`t think I would refer to it as a "rubbish book" it is, to all intents and purposes, a reference book and by the looks of the facility "look inside" a very extensive one at that, running to over 600 pages :)

"I suspect James had his tongue firmly in his cheek when he suggested this :wink:"

Absolutely, you have got to laugh about something, lets face it 3 books of the same title getting lost in the post to customers, allegedly dispatched from the same source, shenanigans' going on here somewhere me thinks :)

Lets just leave it a little while longer Derek, they are supposed to be getting back to me on the matter, if all else fails and we are all offered the usual refund, I think then is the time to act, they won`t be aware that others are involved, that are linked by an Astronomy forum. There could be some very red faces and Amazon, I should think, won`t take kindly to this, if and when it is reported to them :)

Two days ago I ordered another copy from a different Amazon retailer for £20. Apparently it is on its way.

If this is an indexing problem I might be waiting on the most expensive copy of I Spy Fly Guy we have seen to date :rolleyes:

My first copy of I Spy Fly Guy has now arrived. I assume it is the one from OOdals. It arrived in a large brown card envelope with a barcoded address label. the sender is stated to be Paperbackshop.co.uk, Unit 22, Horcott Industrial Estate, Fairford, Glos, GL7 4BX.

Bizarrely, the return slip inside the package instructs me to return the book to 801 Penhorn Avenue, Secaucus, NJ 07094, which is presumably New Jersey in the USA!

I will wait to see what turns up from my second order.

Yes I had the same slip to suggest a USA return address; but I emailed them to say I'd been sent the wrong book and someone emailed me an appology and a link to a UK return envelope. Full refund on return of the item.

I think I've got two more copies of I Spy Fly Guy waiting for me at work.

And still no NGC book :(

Yep details all the same as Derek's. Be careful with the Fly Guy return James, it might get lost on the way and they will say they haven't received it, he he he :eek:

I think you will be ok Derek, I saw that add as well. but pension spent up this month already  :mad:

I think you will be ok Derek, I saw that add as well. but pension spent up this month already  :mad:

Thanks, I hope this one is the real deal!

Given that we've all been caught by the same mess-up and had a giggle along the way here is a genuine offer from me:

If my £20 copy turns out to be the correct book I will post it to John to spend a couple of weeks with. John will then post it to James to do the same, and James then returns it to me. It will cost us all about £3 each in postage and you can then each decide whether or not you want to fork out £40 to own one having had the chance to look through it :wink:

How does that sound?

Now, now, James - it's too early on a Sunday morning for that sort of pessimism :wink:

I'm confident my second purchase will yield the correct book, especially having seen how small and thin I Spy Fly Guy is. Surely no one would price one of those at £20!

Archived